A few updates from my end:
- Early in the summer, I noticed I was having a lot of trouble hearing. I muddled along at work and at home, but I was having a hard time following much of what anyone was saying, so I eventually found the time to go in to see my audiologist. I was actually pretty worried that my hearing had possibly degraded, but luckily (except for my wallet), it turned out to be the hearing aids. I sent my left aid, the one I depend on the most, off to be repaired and used a loaner hearing aid provided by my audiologist in the meantime. Luckily, I paid for a one-year warranty on the repair, as only a few weeks after receiving my aid back, it failed again, in a more dramatic fashion. I have it back once again and all seems to be right with the world. Because my audiologist (Dr. Scharber at East Valley Hearing) is awesome, he was able to make a few adjustments and hopefully extend the life of my right aid so that I may not have to get it repaired this year. It will need repairs at some point, though.
- In happier news, my hearing aids are finally paid off! Yay!
- I start my senior year of college on the 21st with a course on human evolution and anthropology. I may just graduate in May, but I’m not 100% sure since I’m not taking a full course load (two courses per semester – each half a semester long).
- I have been promoted to Library Assistant at my workplace. Woohoo!
- My son just turned one year old! I know, I can’t believe it either. He’s 30 inches tall, almost 20 pounds, and healthy and happy as can be. He loves to make as much noise as possible and he’s quite the babbler. Here he is enjoying his birthday cake.
I hope all is well with you if you’ve found your way to this little corner of the Web!